Sunday, September 9, 2012

Stay at home parent
                I am a teenager and even for me it doesn’t take much to realize how much work a stay at home parent does. When those that work out of the house get home it is their time to relax, but typically the stay at home parent still has much to do. Especially if they have small children, they still have to help them brush their teeth, take a bath, tuck into bed and much more. The stay at home parent is always there if you need them because they are always willing to stop what they are doing to help you. A main advantage I had when I was growing up and couldn’t drive myself around yet was my mom always could drive me places and bring me something from home that I forgot for school. I also never had to wait in the nurse office for long because my mom was always there to pick me up from school when I wasn’t feeling well. The parents that work out of home also deal with a lot of stress, but definitely a different kind of stress than a stay at home parent. Both of my parents are very hard workers and they both have their fair share of hard tasks on the typical day. The two of them make the perfect couple. One of them, my dad, is the so called “bread winner of the house”, he does everything to make sure our family has everything it needs. And the other, my mom, is the person that holds together the “bread eating family”.
                I would not be who I am today if I didn’t have the influence of my mom always being at home. She always had everything ready for me so I could go onto the next thing, show choir, soccer and so on. Without her I wouldn’t have as good of grades and be in as many groups and activities after school. She is always there when I know I just need to talk to someone about a problem or something exiting that happened to me. I am not saying that my dad isn’t there if I ever need to talk about anything, it is just so convenient for me to have my mom at home to call because pretty much her life is us, and she never has any meeting that I am afraid to interrupt. Having a stay at home parent really has been a plus for me!
              Thank you mom and dad for everything you do! You really are the perfect team! (431)
Danni N.

No comments:

Post a Comment