Sunday, September 9, 2012

 My big sister and I
                    
              
            My mom, dad and I recently took my sister to college. My sister deserves a great college, and while I can say the college was fantastic, nothing has stopped me from missing her insanely. When you have a sibling and you are as close to them, as I am with her, then taking them to college is so much harder than ever expected! I spent the first few she was at college with tears in my eyes every time I would walk by her room, or see her favorite shows up on Netflix. It is said that scents are usually a key trigger of memory; I also get emotional when I a scent reminds me of her like her perfume, or the smell of her favorite food (quiche). I just couldn’t wait for the pain of missing her to leave, it still hasn’t yet fully. In some ways I miss her more as more days with her gone pass by, but I can say that in some ways I am getting used to her being a few hours away. Every time I become weary I just have to remind myself that she will most likely live with me still in the summer, and seeing her for holidays and birthdays will be just that much more special.
             I text her very often and she is such a good sister to not get annoyed when she receives a text every few hours or so saying how much I miss her and love her. You may be thinking that it is awfully obsessive but if you had a sister as wonderful as mine then you would understand why I miss her so much! I also am making a point to send her letters and drawings once a week and a package once a month. So far I have only sent her one big envelope full of goodies. It is so fun and it brings me a lot of happiness knowing how exited she will be when she receives the package.
             I absolutely cannot wait to visit her at college. I am so excited for her to show me around. She can show me the coolest places and the coolest people. So far it seems like she is living up the college experience, playing games with her roomies and friends, going to the football games, watching movies in her dorm room, and of course going to class. At the end of each day I just can’t wait to hear about what she has been up to!
          Sometimes I feel bad for myself because my best friend is far away, but I just have to remind myself that she is doing the right thing by going to college, and I am so proud of her for everything she has accomplished. I also have to remember all of the awesome memories that no distance we are apart could ever make us forget. We have had so many great times together and we really do understand each other in a way only the best of sisters could. We know things about each other that nobody else does. I will always do my best to keep in touch with her because I love her enough to never lose touch, even when I too grow up and move away. We will be close forever because we will always be sisters, and best friends. (570)
          Danni N.


No comments:

Post a Comment