Friday, February 1, 2013

"Follow me"


        Do you have something that when you eat it, or see it, or feel it then it remind you of times when you were younger? Well for me when I hear the song “follow me” by Uncle Kracker I think of so many good times from when I was young.

This song was constantly playing when I was younger. My neighbors and I used to know every word of the song by heart. To this day someone can sing a phrase and the rest of us will join in. It automatically gives the feeling of joy and being young and free again.

You don't know how you met me
You don't know why
You can't turn around and say goodbye
All you know is when I'm with you
I make you free
And swim through your veins like a fish in the sea
I'm singin'


These lyrics bonded all of us together. These words gave us all away to say what we couldn’t to each other. I think it’s important to have something like a song to bond together a group of people because if anyone starts to lose touch you can play the song and it will almost “replay” all of the great memories they had together in their head as the music goes on. And they will realize how much they would be missing if they left these people. I guess that could be taken as a weird way of bonding a group together but I think music really has the power of holding those memories and reconnecting people. To some people the song may not be anything special but because we conditioned it to mean something important it is special to us. (285)


No comments:

Post a Comment