Sunday, May 5, 2013

Bluebird


 

The song Bluebird by Alan Jackson:
 

I'm lost in the night

 The icy wind is howling out your name

 And desolation wanes

 Like a fog

 The fires rolling in

 In the wind

 

I'm out in the rain

 The moon is gone behind the clouds again

 And I can't stand to live

 Another day

 Cause my bluebird went away

 

And I'm locked in this room

 With my song

 No escape

 No way to get away

 

And my only connection

 with tomorrow

 Is hopin' that you might decide not to stay away

 

Well I'm out on a limb

 If I could only find sweet love again

 To live my life this way is too much to bear

 Can't find my bluebird anywhere

 

I'm out in the rain

 The moon is gone behind the clouds again

 And I can't stand to live another day

 Bluebird why'd you go away?

 Bluebird why'd you go away?

 

               When I read this poem I read it like a poem because it defiantly seems like it was originally written as a poem. This one of the few songs that can make me cry. The way Alan Jackson sings this song you can tell by the tone in his voice that he really is hurting when he sings this song. You can tell he has a really deep connection with these words because he sings it like every word is full of truth.

               The guitar, maracas and harmonica in this song go perfectly together. The harmonic is my personal favorite musicality of this song because the “whininess” of the harmonica adds to the sadness, especially when the sound of the harmonica crescendos and decrescendos to add to the flow of the music. The maracas are a very light “sandy” sound (like sand is rustling) which relates to the part of the song when he says the wind is blowing. The maracas help give the effect of bad weather. Like most of my favorite songs that I blog about, this song is also very relatable because the things Alan Jackson sings about in this song are things that have happened to nearly everyone. (354)

No comments:

Post a Comment